Dec 05, 2018 23:34
About you:

1.  Introduce yourself (name, age, sex, location etc)

Thom, 31, Male, England. I'm a freelance photographer and film maker and I started playing back in Vanilla (but have taken various breaks over the year since then.)

My Bnet is #Unsu2362

2.  Can you attend at least 75% of our raids? (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 20:30 - 00:00 [Server Time])

Yes, I work as a freelancer so there will be rare occasions where I have an even job on but it's rare. Over the last three months with my current guild (which also raids 3 times a week) I've missed 2 raids out of 36 in total so that should give you an idea.

3.  Will you be on time (invites start at 20:15) and prepared for the raids you attend?

Yep, no problem.

4.  When is your normal play time?

I'm currently raiding Monday, Wednesday and Sunday and I usually also join the heroic run to gear up new recruits on a Thursday. As I mentioned earlier I'm self employed so I'm very flexible on times.

5.  Do you have good English skills? Both written and spoken?

Yes, I'm an English person with a Law degree so I'd hope my communication skills are up to par!

6.  Do you have, or would you be willing to get Discord?

I have it and currently use it with my guild.

7.  Do you have a working microphone that you're willing to use when needed?

Yes

8.  Do you know anyone within the guild who can support your application? If not, how did you come to hear about us?

I currently raid in VII on Emerald Dream so I'm aware of the other guilds on my server. I don't believe I know anyone but I've been on Emerald Dream raiding for quite a while so it's possible you have players in your guild who used to raid in VII on new characters who's names I don't recognise.

About WoW:

1.  Introduce your character (name, race, class, spec, etc)

Mokuso, Human, Mage. I'm currently mainly using frost (as requested by my guild) but I'm fully proficient in both fire and arcane specs. Fire is my preferred spec but I just play whatever is best for the fight I'm on. Happy to respec / enchant / gem for whatever you need. I'm aware G'thuun requires fire which is fine by me.

2.  Please provide a link to your armoury profile and if possible a link to any web stats that feature you.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/emerald-dream/Mokuso
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/eu/emerald-dream/vii

3.  Please explain the choices you made regarding optimising your character (e.g. stat balancing, gems/enchants etc).

Currently as I'm pretty much exclusively playing frost I'm optimised for that spec. I use a combination of simming and knowledge of the game to figure out optimal gearing setups.

4.  What rotation or prioritisation of abilities do you use, and why?

Whatever rotation maximises DPS whilst maintaining survivability whilst considering each bosses particular mechanics.

5.  What guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?

Currently in VII. Happy to chat about why I'm leaving but don't want to post this on a public forum.

I joined VII at the start of WoD and raided with them through to ToS in Legion where I stopped playing. I came back to raid once again about two weeks after BFA was launched.

Before that I raided in a guild called Angels on a different server in WoTLK.

I started playing in Vanilla.

6.  Do you have any alts or experience of other classes?

Nothing notable. The mage I currently play was the first character I rolled back in Vanilla and I've played it ever since. I'm a pure mage! I've got no real interest in anything other than optimising my main.

7.  Please list what raid experience you have gained with other guilds:-

WotLK - Heroic Naxx and Ulduar
WoD - Mythic everything.
Legion - Mythic everything up to around half way through ToS when I stopped playing

Finally:

1.  Why do you wish to join Indecisive?

Good progress, good raid times that suit me, always heard good things about you, your guild has been going for 12 years and I always value a stable environment and finally you talk about how your Discord is always active and you have a good social vibe, that's really important to me.

I also find myself performing better in an environment where I'm challenged and so far this expansion I've found playing mage frustrating. In previous expansions I'd nearly always be right at the top of the DPS meters but I feel that mage is struggling in the current raid. Any guild that's going to help me become a better player is good with me.

2.  What can you offer to this guild? Are we a good fit for you?

I can offer a player who has a ton of Mythic raiding experience who also enjoys the social aspect of WoW. I help out my fellow players and guild when I can and I'm always up for learning from others as well. I understand that Mythic raiding require effort, time and perseverance and I always push myself to be the very best I can be. I'm hyper competitive when it comes to DPS and always want to outperform everyone else and justify my raid space but understand that this must always be done with the team in mind.

3.  Do you have any questions for us?

No that I can think of right now but happy to have a chat on Discord.
Last Edit: Dec 07, 2018 19:05 by Unarii
Dec 05, 2018 23:52
Evening Thom.

We'll review your app and get back to you. I have some free time tomorrow at work so should be able to do it then, and speak to the other officers before the end of the week.

J.
Kesara 28/08/2018 at 11:07 AM
We are totally going into BfA with love and understanding for our fellow healers and working as a team.
Or some shit like that.
Dec 06, 2018 17:15
Thanks, sounds good!
Dec 07, 2018 01:59
I've added you on BNet. I'll be on tomorrow night, or join our discord server (pmed you a link)
We are totally going into BfA with love and understanding for our fellow healers and working as a team.
Or some shit like that.
Dec 07, 2018 02:44
I can't see your friend request on BNet for some reason. I've joined the Discord though. Feel free to PM me in game or let me know your BNet and I'll try adding you. Thanks!
Dec 07, 2018 19:05
Hi Thom.

As discussed, we're happy for you to join the guild. :) Drop me or another officer a message ingame for an invite.

J.
Or some shit like that.