Apr 04, 2018 01:04
About you:

1.  Introduce yourself (name, age, sex, location etc)
Hey, Iím Sophie, a 22 year old lady from Yorkshire although I recently moved to Nottingham. I know I have a male character with a manly name, but I guess thatís what happens when alt becomes main. Feels wrong to change it now.

2.  Can you attend at least 75% of our raids? (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 20:30 - 00:00 [Server Time])
I can indeed.

3.  Will you be on time (invites start at 20:15) and prepared for the raids you attend?
Also, a yes.

4.  When is your normal play time?
Iím currently a masters student so my schedule differs quite a bit from week to week. I am online most weekday evenings though. Might even pop up during the day if Iím procrastinating.

5.  Do you have good English skills? Both written and spoken?
I like to think so.

6.  Do you have, or would you be willing to get Discord?
My last couple of guilds used discord so itís the one I prefer.

7.  Do you have a working microphone that you're willing to use when needed?
I do.

8.  Do you know anyone within the guild who can support your application? If not, how did you come to hear about us?
After my last guild disbanded I didnít really know where to go. None of the guilds on my current server are really looking for a resto druid at the moment. Well, not the ones with similar progress anyways. So, I started to look at guilds on different servers mainly through wow progress. I made this little shortlist and everything. I figured the best way forward would be to whisper an officer in the guilds I was interested in and see if they were indeed still looking for a healer. After talking to you guys I decide to put in an app and now here I am.

Although, when I looked at the application forum for the blank form a couple of names did jump out at me. I used to heal with Merah and Xafaeri in the same guild back when I didnít have a working mic. Donít think they ever heard my beautiful voice.

About WoW:

1.  Introduce your character (name, race, class, spec, etc)
I main a night elf resto druid called woodwordd. I had to stick another d on the end since some rotter already had the name when I transferred to Ravencrest. If I am accepted I can remove that d again (I did check if the name was available).
Please for the love of god donít make me play balance. I mean, I will once in a while, but youíll have a grumpy druid on your hands.

2.  Please provide a link to your armoury profile and if possible a link to any web stats that feature you.
Armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/woodwordd
Wow logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/27773905/17#metric=hps

3.  Please explain the choices you made regarding optimising your character (e.g. stat balancing, gems/enchants etc).
No stat is a bad stat for a resto druid. The druid discord tends to say stick to the highest ilvl gear and swap out equivalent pieces. Although anything less than 24% haste seems to really hurt in raids. As for mastery, I try to keep that slightly higher than the other stats.  For that reason, I gem and enchant mastery. I tend to have a general healing build and swap legos and exact stat weights depending on the boss. e.g. If Iím healing the portals on Hasabel I take slightly more haste just to help heal everyone up faster after the debuffs expire.
One of the reasons I enjoy playing a resto druid so much is the complexity of the optimisations. Also what works for one resto druid might now work for another. There is no guide to follow, you have to develop your own style.

4.  What rotation or prioritisation of abilities do you use, and why?
That would depend entirely on the boss. How heavy handed I am with the rejuvs and where I pop cooldowns. Obviously, I want to maintain a high uptime on both lifebloom and efflorescence (If I can convince the dps to stand in it that is, haha). Pre-hot before big damage comes out -> Wild growth -> flourish + artifact ability. Velens as soon as its off cooldown without it being a waste or hold it for a really crucial moment if needed. On top of that co-ordinating with the other healers as well for the big CDís.
Apart from that there are times when I can really take advantage of the class. Like Pre-hotting and flourishing the immonar bridges, maintaining hots on Varimathras and the intermission phases of kinígoroth. There is just something really satisfying about having all the hots on 9 or 10 people and watching the health bars just stay put. Think I may be a bit weird though.

5.  What guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
<Down and Out> Ended up disbanding shortly after I passed my trial. Shame really since we were making good progress. Before that:
<Kin> Which I joined last November. A wonderful guild. Some of the nicest people Iíve met in this game, but they did have a few problems. Roster problems being the biggest, people turning up late and unprepared a lot of the time as well. We spent a good deal of time just sitting in an 18 man group waiting to see if we could wrangle the last couple of dps from somewhere. I did voice my concerns, but nothing ever really changed so when I notified them that I was looking to change guilds they werenít really surprised. Weíre still on good terms though. One of those ďcome back at any timeĒ kind of deals.

6.  Do you have any alts or experience of other classes?
I used to main a destro lock before switching to the druid half way through Tomb of Sargeras. Havenít played it since though.
I do have a holy priest alt that Iíve been pugging mythic with.
I also have a Havoc demon hunter and a cute little Mistweaver that need gearing up a bit to be mythic viable options. Itís probably a bit late in the tier to start gearing up a new character so thatís all I have to offer.

7.  Please list what raid experience you have gained with other guilds:-
If Iím honest I donít have a massive raiding history. Iíve played the game on and off for years, mainly with irl friends but they donít really play much anymore. I was in a casual heroic guild before joining Kin. The jump from heroic to mythic was quite challenging. I ended up rebinding a lot of spells, setting up a whole new ui and watching a lot of YouTube videos on how to resto druid properly. Since then Iíve slowly improved my healing and raid awareness to the point that I think Iím a pretty decent player. Thereís always room to improve though.
So far in legion I'm:
Tomb of Sargeras: 5/9M
Antorus the burning throne: 8/11M

Finally:

1.  Why do you wish to join Indecisive?
On a basic level Iím looking for a guild with similar progress to myself that raids 3 evenings a week. I canít really commit to more days than that since my workload can fluctuate quite a bit. 3 days seems like a comfortable amount for me though. Besides that, some of the things in your wow progress profile really spoke to me. The emphasis on community while still having good progress. I want to get along well with the people I choose to spend 3 evenings a week with. Also, the part about members being active outside of raid days. I feel like that has been missing from my previous guilds. I would love it if on an off-day I could login and deplete some keys with people :P

2.  What can you offer to this guild? Are we a good fit for you?
The main thing I can offer you is a reliable, passionate raider. Iím always open to suggestions and constructive criticism. I think as a healer especially I really donít mind wiping over and over again. Thereís always little things you can do to improve healing efficiency, so every pull is slightly different.

That and Iím pretty good at puns.

3.  Do you have any questions for us?
A couple of the officers have answered the main questions that I had so for now, Iím Gucci.

Hope to hear from you soon  ;D
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2018 01:19 by Kayara

Kesara

Apr 04, 2018 01:18
Hey Sophie,

Thank you for the application, as discussed I'm pleased to offer you a trial with us. Whisper for an invite once you are over on ED.

-Martin (Kayara)